This wonderful week just before the “start” of the season of giving (actually I’ve already started the season as evidenced by the music in the background while I write), I am thankful for receiving…
- A home where I get to be all moods of me
- A son who leaves me in speechless wonder and awe more often than anything else
- A husband who has perfected the art of using the word “Okay” as a blessing that bestows peace and acceptance on my wild, crazy, intuitive, emotional whims.
- Music which stirs my insides with my outsides and that sometimes makes me cry
- Fresh Air- even if it is cold nowadays
- You who meet me here when I call and sit on this virtual couch with me and listen to my stories (stories heal us, you know). You are a healer just like me. We all are, in fact, when we are willing to just sit and take in someone else’s words; which is to say when we are willing to receive people as their plain and simple selves
- a giant extended family that lives by the creed: There is nothing more important than family; and it is all about getting together with each other at every opportunity possible
- friends who have joined that extended family circle as if they were born into it
- this divinely drawn life map that has shaped strong, sweet, spiritual Pam and all of my dream-y wisdom
- the gift of deep sorrowful events which humbled me and taught me that I can in fact survive the things that even now seem un-survivable
- a Bonnie, a Barbara, a Anthony, a Tony and a Chris who turned out to be my life guides to teach me what it means to be a good friend, sister, daughter, person and citizen in the world
What comes to mind as you read this? What are you thankful for receiving? If you came up with 5, what would they be (note: no guilt allowed about what you leave off of your 5, this isn’t a top 5, it is a right now 5). What are your right now in this exact moment, 5 things you’re grateful for receiving?